L-Leucine 100% PURE (500 g) | The Anabolic Amino Acid | OneBrand Nutrition
Supplementing 100% Pure OneBrand L-Leucine with a rapidly absorbing protein, such as Oneband 100% Isolate Whey, facilitates the anabolic action of leucine to maximize muscle protein accretion and hypertrophy (Muscle hypertrophy is a term for the growth and increase of the size of muscle cells.) (J Physiol. 2012 Apr 15; 590(8):2035-49.)
- Potent Anabolic Properties
- Helps with recovery and post-workout building
- Helps with energy levels and endurance
- Increased rates of weight loss when doing physical activity
- Helps Reduced LDL cholesterol (Bad cholesterol)
- Helps Reduced blood pressure
- Helps Improved immune system function
- Note: Leucine does float and is a little harder to mix than other amino acids.
Why is Leucine Called the Anabolic Amino Acid?
L-Leucine is an essential amino acid, which simply means our bodies cannot produce it and we must get it from dietary sources. Leucine is the most abundant of the three branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) in muscles (the other two are isoleucine and valine). BCAAs make up a high proportion of the amino acids in muscle. They are unique because they are the only amino acids burned by muscles as fuel; thus, both blood and muscle levels of BCAAs decrease after exercise.
Leucines Anabolic effects comes from its ability to drastically increase protein synthesis and the reduction of muscle loss. (Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997 Dec 23; 94(26):14930-5.) Most people know that consuming protein induces an increase in muscle protein synthesis, which is why protein supplements are popular to consume after exercise. Now researchers are refining their knowledge on why protein stimulates anabolism and (building up) in muscle. Scientists have shown it is the level of amino acids in the blood that directly boosts protein synthesis in muscles and leucine is the main driving amino acid.
Leucine activates mTOR – to switch on muscle building
A series of cellular studies now clearly shows that leucine directly activates a critical compound in muscle called the mTOR (mammalian target of rapamycin). It turns out mTOR is like a molecular switch that turns on the machinery that manufactures muscle proteins and leucine is one of the major activators of mTOR. So leucine not only provides the building blocks for protein synthesis, it also plays a critical role in up-regulating the process. Even when an overabundance of amino acids are available to provide the building materials for new muscle, adding extra leucine augments protein synthesis rates further.
Basically, adding additional leucine to your diet will help maximixe muscle anabolism after resistance training with a fast absorbing protein. Plus, Leucine can be taken throughout the day to minimize muscle loss on extreme diets.
Customer Reviews 1 item(s)
- Best amino acid to build muscle
- So glad leucine prices are going down. Leucine is the most anabolic amino acid, it increases protein synthesis and if your a bodybuilder then you know what that means. Muscle. It has a funny smell but that's how it's supposed to smell and I only want pure. Tried some from bb.com but it was not pure, tasted sweet, that means it was cut with another amino acid. Hate that. Everything I have tried from Onebrand is 100% pure, I should know, I test food for a living. Keep up the good work fitshop, support Canadian brands like OneBrand. Oh yeah. If you did not already know, Mix Leucine with your protein to enhance muscle growth. Other than anabolic drugs, there are not a ton of natural products to increase protein synthesis. Try Leucine, you will notice muscle hardness and density in a few days.
- Recommended Usage
Mix 1 scoop (2.5 grams) in water, juice or your favourite beverage immediately before consumption.
Serving Size 1 Scoop (2.5 g)
Servings Per Container 200
Leucine 2500 mg N/APercent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.Other Ingredients:
None. 100% Pure.The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this site have not been evaluated by Fit Shop™, Fitshop.ca or the Canadian Food and Drug Administration and are not approved to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program, before taking any medication, or if you have or suspect you might have a health problem Fit Shop™, Fitshop.ca is not responsible for any statements or claims that various manufacturers make about their products or the general information provided for each product on this website. We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors or product formulation changes. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at Fit Shop™, Fitshop.ca and especially before using any product sold on this website.